Friday, February 8, 2013

Snowy Run

I have to admit, Grattan's Birthday run on Saturday (1/26) was not as bad as I excepted it would be. I wore layers so that I would not be too cold. With all the snow, it did slow me down a bit but I still had a good time overall for the 4 mile run. I actually enjoyed running outside minus the cars that went passed me every so often but otherwise, it was a great run. I kept the main group in sight for about the first mile to 1.25 miles before I could not see them anymore. I kept going on Lawyers Road until my gps watch said that I ran 2.06 miles before I turned around. The last mile was a bit more challenging for me. I had to walk some of it but I tried my best to run the majority of the last mile so that I would have a good time. 

Overall, I did have a good time. I ran 4.12 miles in 45 minutes and 46 seconds, which for me is not bad at all. I do think that the snow slowed me down some. I was not sure if my feet or my hands would warm up at all during the run but they eventually did after about 1.25 to 1.5 miles. I am glad that I went out for this run.

No comments:

Post a Comment